Volunteers make an invaluable contribution towards our success and are central to the way in which we work.
Over the years, we have benefited greatly from the vital skills, experience and diversity of our volunteers who have helped to shape the character and culture of Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Hundreds of people of all ages and from all walks of life volunteer with us – from supporting us in the breeding and raising of our puppies right through to raising the finances to fund our extensive programme of services.
Whether you have a general desire to volunteer with us and want to learn new skills, or you have a specific set of skills which you feel could benefit our organisation, our aim is to provide you with an opportunity to be a part of what we do.
We offer volunteer positions in the following areas:
1. Fundraising Administration: Headquarters based administrative support, donate an hour or a day of your time and help us at our headquarters in Cork.
2. Fundraising: join one of our branches throughout the country, get your local community group involved or fundraise as an individual with us.
3. SHADES: We are actively recruiting SHADES 2013 volunteers throughout the country, please contact Kerry@guidedogs.ie and donate your time to helping Guide Dogs during the month of May.
4. Puppy Walking: home based care and basic training for our puppies.
5. Client Services administration: please apply to provide administrative support for client services at our headquarters.
6. General: drivers, maintenance, gardening, cleaning, vehicle care, training, mentoring.
Please complete our online Volunteer Application Form and one of our team will be in touch with you shortly.
For more information about volunteering, please feel free to contact us on:
Lo-call: 1850 506 300