Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind offers a comprehensive suite of services which enable both blind and vision impaired persons and families of children with Autism to achieve increased independence and an improved quality of life.
Our corporate video gives an insight into how we aim to achieve this:
Our training programmes are as follows:
- The Guide Dog Programme for people who are blind or vision impaired
- The Assistance Dog Programme for families of children with autism
- Orientation and Mobility Training (Long Cane)
- Independent Living Skills Training
- The Next Step Programme (To help young adults with the transition to life in college / work)
- The Companion Dog Programme
How to apply or make a referral:
For more information on any of our services, please contact our Client Services team on:
Lo-call: 1850 506 300
You can also apply online by clicking here.
We are always pleased to receive referrals from health professionals, friends or family members on behalf of clients (providing the referral is made with their consent).
Applications are open to Republic of Ireland residents only.